Zynga makes and publishes social games for web and mobile devices.
Personal data collected
Zynga collects personal information such as name, username, gender, age, birthday, email address, password, and other information if required. When you create a public player profile, you can share your profile picture, name, game username, gender, age or age range, physical location information, links to your social media profiles, details about games you play, and your Zynga player ID. If you decide to share your mobile number, they will collect your contacts and any other information you share about them. When you use their services, some of the information collected includes your participation in message boards and player forums, public posts or comments, invites to other players, chats with other players, and posted photos, drawings, or other user created content. If you purchase in game currency, their third-party processor collects your payment information, email and postal address, and billing address. Zynga’s payment processors do not share financial information with them, but they may share your name, physical location, and purchases. If you connect your social media accounts to your Zynga account, they may collect your name, profile picture, user ID number, friends’ user IDs and any of their public information, email address, physical location, device information, birthday, age or age range, information about your activities on social media, and any other publicly available information. Information collected automatically via cookies includes IP address, type of device, platform type, operating system, MAC address, application performance and debugging information, browser type, language, referring URLs, number of clicks on their app or website, amount of time spent on their website or app, domain name, landing pages, pages viewed, and date and time of your activity on their app or website. If you play their games on your mobile device, they also collect the name associated with your device, your country, mobile number, GPS, mobile contacts, and information about the apps on your device.
Personal data usage
Zynga uses data to:
- Improve and optimize their services and players’ experiences.
- Create your game accounts.
- Allow you to play their games.
- Suggest other Zynga players to befriend.
- Personalize their services.
- Communicate with you, with an in game update or promotional offers.
- Enable players to communicate with each other.
- Provide technical support.
- Respond to player questions.
- Protect the safety of their players.
- Prevent fraud or illegal activities.
- Show you interest based advertising.
- Offer rewards, sweepstakes, contests, surveys, or other promotional content.
- Conduct research.
- Comply with legal issues.
Cookies and similar tech
Zynga collects some of your information through cookies, web beacons, pixel tags, clear GIFs, device identifiers, and other similar information. They do not respond to Do Not Track signals. If you decide to disable cookies in your browser, some functionality may not work.
With a Zynga account you can add friends, update your profile, link your Facebook or other social media, and more. Their services are not intended for children under 13 years old (or 16 years old depending on country).
Data shared with Zynga
How to protect your privacy
There are various ways to protect your privacy with Zynga, such as:
- Contact Zynga to delete your contacts stored.
- Update your information to not receive interest based advertising.
- Request deletion of your personal information.
- Opt out of promotional emails.
- Opt out of receiving text messages by texting STOP to that number.
- Opt out of interest based advertising.
- Disable cookies.
- Email Zynga to delete your account by putting Delete My Account in the subject line, and include your first and last name, email address, and user ID number in the body of the email.