Yandex collects your information to help tailor your experience on their website.
Personal data collected
Yandex collects various personal data when you sign up, such as name, address, mobile number, and age. They automatically collect your IP address, browser information, hardware and software information, date and time you accessed their website, contacts’ information, search history, and GPS. You can opt in to share your race, political affiliation, or health information.
Personal data usage
Yandex uses data to:
- Provide search results relevant to your query.
- Provide you with their services.
- Prevent fraud.
- Understand how you interact with their website.
- Improve their website and services.
- Show you targeted advertising.
- Share with you their other products or services.
- Allow you to login.
- Allow you to access their services.
- Contact you or request information from you.
- Provide relevant search results.
- Develop new products or services.
Cookies and similar tech
Yandex collects your information via cookies, web beacons, pixel tags, and similar technologies when you use their website. For example, cookies can be used to keep you logged into your account, allow you to use their services, identify your browser, hardware and software information, record your actions on their website such as what web pages you visit and content you view, improve their services, test new products and services, store your preferences such as language and location, track your actions on their website, collect statistics for their website and services, and for advertising purposes.
When you sign up for a Yandex account, you are given access to various services of theirs, depending on what you sign up for. For example, you can have an email account with them, search results tailored to your interests, and more. If you decide to delete your account with them, you have 30 days to reinstate it, otherwise it will be completely deleted.
Data shared with Yandex
How to protect your privacy
There are a few ways to protect your privacy on Yandex’s website, for example:
- Do not sign up for an account.
- Do not use their email services.
- Do not use their search engine.
- Do not access their website or services via your mobile phone.
- Click on delete account on their account management page.
How to contact Yandex about your privacy
You can contact them via their feedback form.