White Pages is a website that provides contact information, criminal records, and more for a fee. You can use Premium, which is for consumers, or Pro which is for businesses to get the information you need. These services cost money, of course. You can use their website for free, but it will be limited on what you can search for. You can also do background checks on anyone, but it costs $9.99 per person.
Personal data collected
White Pages collects personal information from you when you use their website, such as name, email address, postal address, mobile number, age, country, preferred language, passwords and similar security information, payment information, billing address; data from how you use their services, such as search terms entered, pages you visited, links you hover over or click on, and items you purchased. They also collect device data such as IP address, GPS, location information, device identifiers, network data, operating system, and software used to connect to their products and services.
They collect this data when you sign up for an account, submit a search query, contact them for support, and via cookies. Information they collect called “log data” includes your IP address, the time your device accessed their website, referring URL, type of device or browser used to access their website, and usage data from the software on your device.
Personal data usage
White Pages uses data to:
- Authenticate and allow you to access your account.
- Provide or improve their services.
- Provide customer support and useful products and services.
- Analyze the usage and effectiveness of their products or services.
- Resolve disputes and protect users against fraud and abuse.
- Send you promotional communications.
- Market to you.
Cookies and similar tech
White Pages account
White Pages does not actively collect the personal information of children under 18 years old. If you find a child has shared their information with White Pages, contact them to have it deleted.
Data shared with White Pages
How to protect your privacy
You can protect your data on White Pages by:
- Declining to share your personal information, however some of their features or services may not work properly.
- Emailing them and providing your email address to unsubscribe from their marketing materials.
- Opting out of Google Analytics.
- Stopping information collection for relevant advertising.
- Opting out of receiving interest based advertising.
- You can contact them to disable your account, but your information cannot be deleted.
How to contact White Pages about your privacy
You can contact White Pages via email or postal mail at:
Whitepages Privacy Manager
1301 Fifth Ave
Seattle, WA 98101