WellsFargo allows you to bank with them, get credit cards, invest, save for retirement, and take out loans.
Personal data collected
WellsFargo collects personal information depending on what services you use. For example, they may collect your social security number, employment information, account balances, transaction history, credit history, and investment experience. They collect this information when you open an account, make withdrawals or deposits, apply for loan, use your credit card or seek advice on your investments. They also collect your information from other sources, such as credit bureaus, affiliates, and other companies. WellsFargo also collects your name, email address, postal address, any other contact information, transaction information, location information, IP address, browser information, device information, operating system, and any other information associated with your device.
Personal data usage
WellsFargo uses data to:
- Maintain your account.
- Process your transactions.
- Report to credit bureaus.
- Respond to legal issues or court orders.
- Send you marketing materials.
- Allow their affiliates to market to you.
- Make your experience on their website better and more personalized.
- Make offers to you via email, postal address, mobile number, or online advertisements.
- Show you advertisements relevant to your interests.
Cookies and similar tech
WellsFargo collects some of your information through cookies, pixel tags, web beacons, clear GIFs, locally stored objects, and any other similar technologies. They do not respond to Do Not Track signals. If you decide to disable cookies in your browser, some functionality on their website might not function well.
WellsFargo does not allow children under 13 to sign up with them unless they have consent from their parents. If you opt out of certain advertisements on one device, it does not translate onto another device. You will have to opt out on all your devices used to access your WellsFargo account. They may use some information from one device to advertise to you on another device.
Data shared with WellsFargo
How to protect your privacy
You can protect your privacy with WellsFargo by:
- Calling 1-888-528-8460 to limit their sharing of your information and their direct marketing or by going online to your account, going to Security and Support menu, then click on Change Privacy Preferences.
- Not signing up for an account.
- Signing up for WellsFargo’s Do Not Call list.
- Disabling cookies.
- Opting out of certain advertisements.
- Closing your account by calling them at 1-800-869-3557.
How to contact WellsFargo about your privacy
You can contact WellsFargo by calling 1-800-869-3557 or you can also contact them online.