USBank is a banking website where you can bank on their website or on your mobile phone. They also provide services such as checking and savings accounts, credit cards, mortgage and refinance options, loans and credit lines, and investing and retirement. They are part of the U.S. Bancorp family of financial services.
Personal data collected
USBank collects personal information from you, such as your name, postal address, email address, mobile number, social security number, date of birth, or account information. Other information they collect includes demographic information such as household income and location information. They obtain your information from you when you request information, products or services from them, register on their website or app, respond to surveys, contact customer support, or otherwise interact with them. They may receive other information from public databases, social media platforms, and other third-parties.
Other information collected automatically includes MAC address, computer type, screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, internet browser type and version, name and version of the services you use, date and time the application on your device accesses their servers, the information and files that have been downloaded, and IP address.
Personal data usage
USBank uses data to:
- Provide you with their products or services you’ve requested.
- Check your eligibility for their products or services.
- Communicate with you about accounts or transactions.
- Allow you to participate in surveys, contests, sweepstakes, and other similar promotions.
- Comply with legal requirements.
- Send you offers and promotions for their products and services you might be interested in.
- Personalize their content and your experience with their services.
- Verify your identity or location for security, fraud prevention, and other risk control purposes.
- Provide you with advertising based on your activity on their services or through third-parties.
- Improve their products or services.
- Protect from fraud and illegal activities.
- Enforce their terms and conditions.
- Protect their rights and operations.
Cookies and similar tech
USBank collects some of your information through cookies, web beacons, pixel tags, clear GIFs, and other similar technologies. Cookies and other similar technologies allow USBank to automatically collect your information, such as browser type, time you use their services, website or apps you visit, preferences set up on your account, and location information. This allows them to personalize your experience, enhance security, facilitate navigation, display their website more efficiently, recognize the device you use, and understand how their services are used. If you disable cookies, their website may not function properly. They do not respond to Do Not Track signals.
With a USBank account you can apply for a credit card or loan, sign up for a bank account for checking or savings, and invest for your retirement. They do not solicit or market to children under 13 without parental consent. If a parent is aware their child accessed USBank without their permission, they should contact USBank with their concerns and the child’s information will be removed.
Data shared with USBank
How to protect your privacy
You can protect your privacy in many ways on USBank’s website, such as:
- Disable cookies.
- Opt out of Google Analytics.
- Opt out of online behavioral advertising.
- Contact support to delete your account.
How to contact USBank about your privacy
You can contact USBank via their online email form or through the phone at: 1-800-872-2657.