UPS is a company that allows you to send and receive packages all over the world.
Personal data collected
Information that is collected by UPS includes your name, company name, postal address, email address, mobile or fax number, shipping address and name of the person you are shipping to, signature for proof of delivery, UPS account number, location information, GPS, payment information, billing address, financial information, information about the content of certain shipments, information to verify a person’s identity, tax ID, names, email addresses and mobile numbers for people that you asked UPS to send information to, survey responses, username, password, other credentials to use their products and services, social media information such as your handles, content, email address, other information you allowed to be shared, information posted on their social media pages or elsewhere online (public locations), and information obtained via other social media services such as ‘Login with Facebook’.
Personal data usage
UPS uses data to:
- Pick up, deliver, and track shipments.
- Provide you with products and services you request.
- Process and collect payments.
- Provide customer support.
- Respond to any communications you send them.
- Answer your requests, questions, and comments.
- Send you tracking updates.
- Help you select delivery options.
- Allow you to sign up and manage a UPS account online.
- Offer products and services that might be of interest to you.
- Allow you to participate in special events, programmers, surveys, contests, prize draws, and other offers and promotions.
- Enable you to post on their blog and interact with them on social media.
- Send information to your contacts with your consent.
- Process claims received.
- Improve their business.
- Develop new products and services.
- Manage communications.
- Market and advertise to you.
- Analyze and improve their products, services, websites, and apps.
- Determine effectiveness of their sales.
- Perform data analysis.
- Prevent fraud and any illegal activities.
- Comply with legal requirements.
- Monitor and report compliance issues.
Cookies and similar tech
With a UPS account you can send packages, get messages about delivery of your packages or packages that are coming to you, and more.
Data shared with UPS
How to protect your privacy
You can protect your privacy with UPS in various ways, for example:
- Unsubscribe to their emails.
- Change your privacy preferences.
- Opt out of interest based advertising.
- Disable cookies.
- Delete your UPS account.
How to contact UPS about your privacy
You can contact UPS via email or through postal mail at:
In the US:
UPS Corporate Headquarters
Attention: Global Privacy Manager
55 Glenlake Parkway, NE
Atlanta, GA 30328
UPS Europe SA
Attention: Data Protection Officer
Ave Ariane 5