Sprint is a company that sells wireless mobile phones and plans. You can also get tablets, device accessories, and smart watches from them with data allowed on the devices.
Personal data collected
Sprint collects personal information from you when you sign up with them, such as your name, postal address, mobile number, email address, date of birth, social security number, other government ID numbers, demographics, activities, location information, and personal preferences.
Sprint automatically collects information from you about your devices, for example your device type, operating system, signal strength, how it is functioning, if it is on, how you use the device, services available on the device, call data usage and history, location information, websites visited, applications purchased, downloaded or used, IP address, information about your web browser, pages viewed, information contained in HTTP headers, and history of navigating to a page.
Personal data usage
Sprint uses data to:
- Process your orders.
- Protect their rights and property and those of their customers.
- Comply with legal requirements.
- Prevent spam and illegal activities.
- Develop and inform you of new products and services.
- Study market analysis or traffic flow analysis and reporting.
- Monitor, evaluate, and improve their products and services.
- Provide you with customized advertising relevant to your interests.
- Share your information with third-parties you have consented to.
- Contact you via email or wireless messages about your account.
Cookies and similar tech
You must be 18 or older to subscribe to Sprint services. However, a parent may provide a device for a child under the age of 13. You can manage the content they see by going to the My Preferences tab once logged in. Parents can request deletion of their child’s personal information or limit the personal information shared. Your child can participate in Sprint’s Pokemon GO Mobile Trainer Rewards program with parental consent. If your child has not asked permission to join this program, parents can contact Sprint and request their information to be deleted.
Data shared with Sprint
How to protect your privacy
You can protect your privacy on Sprint’s website and app by:
- Managing your choices with Adobe Marketing Cloud Device Co-op.
- Opting out of having your information collected by LiveRamp’s Connectivity Services.
- Registering a do not contact request for marketing related communications.
- Disabling cookies.
- Opting out of interest based advertising.
- Deleting your account by logging into it via their website, click the My preferences tab, click Update or add another account, check the Remove box to remove an account, and click Save. You can access the canceled account until your balance is $0, in which Sprint will completely delete it from their website.
How to contact Sprint about your privacy
You can contact Sprint via email or postal mail at:
Office of Privacy-Legal Department, Sprint
P.O. Box 4600
Reston, Virginia 20195