Scribd is a website that allows you to access books, magazines, audiobooks, and more. Their membership fee is $8.99 USD a month to access their library of reading materials. When you sign up you can have a 30-day trial before they charge you.
Personal data collected
Scribd collects various information from you when you visit their website or sign up for an account. Some of this includes your title, name, mobile number, email address, username, IP address, credit card information, billing address, and demographic information. Scribd collects some of this information when you participate in surveys, marketing, and when they deliver their products and services to you. When using their website, they may ask you to sign up to receive specific services or information. They will then collect your name, email address, and more. Other information they may collect while you are on their website is navigational data, cookies, name of domain and host you access their website from, operating system, browser information, date and time you accessed their website, and the website you came from. This information is gathered to help them provide their services to you, improve your experience with them, and to improve their website.
Personal data usage
Scribd uses data to:
- Improve their website.
- Improve your experience on their website.
- Research what you do on their website.
- Provide information and services you requested.
- Respond to questions, requests, and comments.
- Measure your interest in their website and services.
- Verify your identity.
- Perform quality control.
- Process payments.
- Prevent fraud.
- Prevent or stop any illegal activities.
- Send you marketing emails.
Cookies and similar tech
With a Scribd account you will have access to their ever growing library of books, magazines, audiobooks, and more. They do not respond to Do Not Track signals. Scribd does not market to children under 13 (and in some places, under 16).
Data shared with Scribd
How to protect your privacy
To protect your privacy on Scribd, you can decide to:
- Not sign up for an account.
- Disable cookies in your browser.
- Opt out of emails by clicking unsubscribe at the top or bottom of each email.
- Opt out of interest based ads.
- Close your account by logging into your account, click on the drop down menu and select Account Settings, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select Delete Account. If you currently have a subscription, you will need to cancel that first before you can delete your account. You can go into Account Settings and then the Membership and Payment Details section to cancel your subscription.
How to contact Scribd about your privacy
You can contact Scribd via email or by postal mail:
333 Bush Street
San Francisco, CA 94104