LivingSocial is a website that offers you discounts on various activities, such as spas, food and drink, travel, entertainment, shopping, and other activities.
Personal data collected
LivingSocial collects personal information when you access or use their website, register, subscribe or create an account with them, open or respond to their emails, refer people, contact customer service or use their customer service tools, enroll or participate in other programs, use products or services associated with their affiliates, visit websites that show a LivingSocial advertisement or content, purchase products or services through their website, connect your social media accounts, post comments in their online communities, or provide information to their vendors. If you send information to someone about LivingSocial’s products or services, they collect that person’s information as well.
Personal information collected includes name, postal and email address, social media user account names, mobile numbers, any other addresses you would like to receive communications at, state/province, city, neighborhood, areas of interest, information collected through social networking, birthday, age, gender, information of people you purchased gifts or vouchers for or people that have purchased them for you, referral information, purchases and redeeming information, email communications, vouchers you are interested in, payment information, and billing address.
Personal data usage
LivingSocial uses data to:
- Provide you with a personalized experience.
- Operate, maintain or improve their website or services.
- Provide you with interest based advertising.
- Fulfill orders placed on their website.
- Evaluate your eligibility for certain offers, products, or services.
- Analyze advertising effectiveness.
- Answer your questions and respond to requests.
- Perform analytics and research.
- Send you communications.
- Provide information that may be of interest to you.
- Administer rewards, contests, promotions, sweepstakes, surveys, or other promotional activities.
- Prevent fraud and illegal activities.
- Allow you to apply for a job.
- Allow you to post a video or sign up for special offers.
- Help them better understand you and your interests.
Cookies and similar tech
LivingSocial collects your information via cookies, web beacons, pixel tags, and other similar technologies. Information collected via cookies includes device data such as operating system, mobile device information, browser type, domain, system settings, language, country you are in, time zone, unique device identifier, advertising identifier, mobile phone carrier identification, device software platform and firmware information, IP address, GPS, and Bluetooth and WiFi settings. This information lets them know what actions you have performed and information about the device you are using. If you decide to disable cookies, it may affect the usage of their website. LivingSocial does not respond to Do Not Track signals.
LivingSocial does not support the use of their website by children under 13 years old. By using their services, you agree that you are over 18 years old.
Data shared with LivingSocial
How to protect your privacy
Protecting your privacy on LivingSocial includes:
- Logging into your account and adjusting your email preferences to not receive commercial emails.
- Disabling cookies in your browser.
- Opting out of being targeted by third-party advertisements by going to the National Advertising Initiative’s Opt-Out Tool or Digital Advertising Alliance’s Opt-Out Tool.
- Disallowing location use via your mobile phone.
How to contact LivingSocial about your privacy
To contact LivingSocial, you can email them or send them postal mail at:
Attention: Privacy Office
600 West Chicago Avenue
Chicago, Illinois 60654