Hotels.com is a website that allows you to book a hotel stay and give you discounts and deals on your hotel stay.
Personal data collected
Hotels.com collects personal information in order to manage their website and provide you with their services. Some of this information may include your name, postal address, mobile number, email address, date of birth, payment information, billing address, login name or member ID and password, information on any other travelers related to your booking, marketing preferences, health related information, passport or driver’s license, religion, and dietary needs.
Information that is collected automatically includes IP address, device type, unique device identifier, browser type, Internet Service Provider, operating system, carrier, referring website, pages accessed, websites visited, trips viewed and the time and date viewed, location information, and country or city you reside in. When you use a tablet, smart phone app, or any other app platforms, Hotels.com collects the following information: functionality of the apps you access and use, device’s unique device identifier, GPS, location information, and error reporting information.
Other information collected includes your social media information, if you decide to connect your Facebook account to sign up for a Hotels.com account. This information includes name, profile picture, gender, birthday, email address, town or district, and any other information you made public via social media.
Personal data usage
Hotels.com uses data to:
- Complete travel bookings.
- Share your booking information with other parties.
- Send you special offers and loyalty information via email.
- Improve your experience with them.
- Improve their services.
- Show you relevant advertising and offers.
- Ask you to provide feedback on communications with them.
- Allow you to create or register an account with them.
- Send you details about your booking.
- Update frequent flyer or loyalty information.
- Allow you to ask them questions.
- Tailor advertisements to your interests.
- Fulfill transactions completed.
- Protect you from fraud.
- Prevent illegal activities.
Cookies and similar tech
With a Hotels.com account you can book hotel stays for your travel plans.
Data shared with Hotels.com
How to protect your privacy
There are ways to protect your privacy, such as:
- Switch off location data collection via your device.
- Change the settings of the app under the settings menu or change the mobile device settings.
- Do not use their app, use their website instead.
- Disable cookies in your browser.
- Opt out of interest based advertising.
- Deactivate your account.
How to contact Hotels.com about your privacy
You can contact Hotels.com online through their website.