HI5.com is a social networking website where you can meet people, make new friends, and more. They are joined with TAGGED and are owned by The Meet Group Inc.
Personal data collected
HI5.com collects personal information from you, for example email address, mobile number, any information you include in your profile, location data, mobile device identification, IP address, cookie or web beacon information, GPS, device ID, features used, pages and screens you visit, transactions done through HI5.com or with their partners and vendors, use of their products, private chats, and postings. If you use their services through a third-party, for example creating an account using Facebook, they will collect the following data from them: email address, hometown, gender, profile photo, date of birth, friends list, and user ID. They can also collect certain demographic information such as age, gender, parental status, relationship status, religion, education, and ethnicity.
Personal data usage
HI5.com uses data to:
- Allow you to register for their services.
- Verify your account.
- Improve your experience with their services.
- Provide content moderation.
- Provide safety and for legal purposes.
- Research and analyze how you use their services.
- Deliver relevant advertising to you.
- Customize your experience with their services.
- Suggest people you might want to meet or features you might enjoy.
- Provide customer service.
- Respond to any questions or concerns.
- Provide marketing to you.
- Analyze number and type of visitors.
- Analyze traffic data.
- Develop and test new features or services.
- Analyze and fix any bugs in their services.
- Conduct surveys.
- Prevent spam and fraud.
- Contact you.
- Invite you to participate in surveys and contests.
- Provide you with updates to their services.
- Prevent illegal activities.
- Share information with third-parties.
Cookies and similar tech
HI5.com is not for any under 18 years old. If a child under 13 years old has an account using a false age, email The Meet Group Inc to have their account terminated.
Data shared with HI5.com
How to protect your privacy
You can protect yourself on HI5.com by:
- Requesting deletion of your information and content.
- Disabling cookies in your browser.
- Opt out of web beacons or cookies.
- Set your mobile device to limit ad tracking.
- Opt out of promotional emails via settings.
- Disable location collection on your device.
- Delete your account by clicking on Account, then Settings, then go to the Cancel Account section and click the Cancel Account link, select “Yes, I want to cancel my account”, enter your password and click Cancel Account. If you are a VIP member, you need to cancel your VIP membership first.
How to contact HI5.com about your privacy
You can email HI5.com for any questions related to your privacy. You can also call them at 1-215-862-1162 or send them postal mail at:
The Meet Group, Inc.
Attn: Legal Department
100 Union Square Drive
New Hope, PA 18938