Groupon is a website that gives you coupons and discounts for various activities, such as beauty and spas, local events, and various purchasable items.
Personal data collected
Groupon collects personal information when you access or use their website, register, subscribe or create an account, open or respond to their emails, refer others to Groupon, contact customer service or use other customer support tools, enroll or participate in their other programs, visit a page that has their advertisements on it, purchase their products or services, link to social media, and post comments. They collect your name, email address, postal address, social network user account names, mobile number, areas of interest, deals that interest you, device information, information collected through social media, birth date, age, gender, information about people you have purchased gifts for and people that have purchased gifts for you, information about people who referred you and people that you referred, Groupon vouchers you are interested in, purchase and redeem, when you email them, how you interact with their third-parties, payment information, and billing address.
Personal data usage
Groupon uses data to:
- Operate and improve their website.
- Personalize your experience on their website.
- Provide you with interest based advertisements.
- Send you push notifications, emails, and offers for their products and services.
- Find your location via GPS.
- Place orders.
- Use tracking redemption.
- Show you products, services, and offers that may interest you.
- Analyze the effectiveness of their advertising.
- Answer your questions and respond to requests.
- Analyze and research customer’s actions.
- Send you reminders, updates, technical notices, security alerts, service bulletins, support and administrative messages, requested information, and marketing messages.
- Administer surveys, contests, sweepstakes, rewards, and any other promotional activities or events.
- Manage forums, their website, analytics, and fulfillment.
- Prevent fraud.
- Allow you to apply for a job.
- Allow you to sign up for special offers and post videos.
Cookies and similar tech
Groupon does not allow children under 13 years old to use their website or set up an account. When you sign up for an account you get access to all their offers that you are interested in.
Data shared with Groupon
How to protect your privacy
There are various ways to protect your privacy on Groupon’s website, such as:
- Opt out of receiving interest based ads.
- Do not sign up for Groupon.
- Disable cookies.
- Delete your Groupon account by emailing them.
How to contact Groupon about your privacy
You can contact Groupon via email or postal mail at:
Attention: Privacy Office
600 West Chicago Avenue
Chicago, Illinois 60654