Delta is an airline company that lets you book flights to travel around the world.
Personal data collected
Delta collects data from you when you use or access their website or app, complete the passenger details section in the course of a booking, register, create or modify an account, including SkyMiles Partners and Promotional Partners accounts, send them emails, call them, send postal mail, through their customer services pages or social media, travel with them, use their airports, use any facilities in their airports, and from any other third-parties.
Information Delta collects includes your name and title, national ID, postal address, mobile number, email address, flight, luggage, and boarding information, special assistance requests and preferences, payment information, billing address, transaction information, emergency contacts, seating preferences, medical needs, dietary requests, flight, car, and hotel preferences, travel companions’ personal information, information on who is meeting you or dropping you off, cargo, animal services, and in flight services such as upgrades, beverages and food, and goods.
They may also collect your government issued ID, date of birth, gender, known traveler number, redress number, passport information, nationality, country of residence, information about your internet activity, demographics, contact preferences, internet service provider, browser type, operating system, pages you access on their website or app, date and time their website or app was accessed, device information, IP address, unique device identifier, GPS, location information, and information from your communications with them.
Personal data usage
Delta uses data to:
- Provide you with their flights and other products or services.
- Provide assistance with bookings and seat assignments.
- Confirm your travel arrangements.
- Remind you of any incomplete bookings.
- Take your payment or issue you a refund.
- Notify you of any flight schedule changes and check in openings.
- Perform record keeping requirements.
- Maintain operational availability and reliability of IT systems.
- Confirm your identity.
- Prevent fraud and illegal activities.
- Improve their products and services.
- Perform statistical analysis and research for program development.
- Send you marketing communications, offers, and invitations to events.
- Provide you assistance in an emergency.
- Communicate with emergency contacts.
- Share with other airlines in case of re-booking you if there is a travel disruption.
- Share with SkyMiles Partners and Promotional Partners so they can provide their services to you.
- Share it with luggage security screening.
- Tailor their products and services to your interests.
- Comply with legal requirements.
Cookies and similar tech
Delta only collects information from children under 13 years old in regards to a booking. If a child has shared their personal information without parental consent, their parents can contact Delta to get the information removed.
Data shared with Delta
How to protect your privacy
You can protect your privacy on Delta’s website and app in various ways, for example:
- Opt out of analytics and usage tracking.
- Opt out of targeted advertising.
- Opt out of third-party tracking.
- Uninstall the app.
- Disable location tracking on your mobile device.
- Remove your name from their subscription lists.
- Delete your account by contacting them online, selecting SkyMiles, going to Update SkyMiles account, and then requesting deletion of your account.
- Disable cookies.