Comcast allows you to purchase Xfinity cable TV, Xfinity streaming app, internet, home phone service, home security service, mobile phone service, and business solutions.
Personal data collected
Comcast collects various personal information from you when you contact them, use their online account tools, report service issues, complete surveys, enter promotions or contests, and create an account. For example, some of this information may include your name, email address, postal address, mobile number, billing address, payment card, bank account information, driver’s license, social security number, password, images, your custom settings or preferences, and communication information from customer service. They may also collect your device information, network address, maintenance information, GPS, location information, types of services you subscribe to, information about the number and type of devices connected to their network, technical information about your services, network traffic data, and information about your activity when using their online services.
Personal data usage
Comcast uses data to:
- Improve their services.
- Establish your account.
- Prevent fraud.
- Customize your experience.
- Measure credit and payment risk.
- Monitor billing and invoicing.
- Authenticating access to your account.
- Enable account administration.
- Provide service delivery.
- Manage network and devices supporting their services and systems.
- Provide technical support.
- Provide hardware and software upgrades for their devices and systems.
- Develop new products and services.
- Market and advertise to you.
- Collect payments.
- Provide legal information if necessary.
Cookies and similar tech
With a Comcast account, you can sign up for their various services that they provide, such as home phone, mobile phone, cable TV, internet, home security service, and business solutions.
Data shared with Comcast
How to protect your privacy
You can protect your privacy with Comcast by:
- Not signing up for services.
- Managing your marketing preferences.
- Canceling your account.
- Disabling cookies.
- Opting out of interest based advertising.
How to contact Comcast about your privacy
You can call Comcast at 1-800-934-6489, send them a message or postal mail at:
Comcast Cable Communications, LLC
Attn: Law Department – Customer Privacy Notice
One Comcast Center
Philadelphia, PA 19103-2838