Citibank is a banking and credit card website where you can sign up for a bank account, apply for and manage a credit card, apply for loans and mortgages, and participate in investments.
Personal data collected
Citibank collects your personal information from you when you sign up for an account or use and apply to their services. Such information includes your name, postal address, mobile number, email address, date of birth, relationship status, social security number, driver’s license number, bank account or payment information, billing address, employment information, and personal ID numbers.
Information collected automatically by Citibank and their partners includes browser and device information, app usage data, demographic and other related information, information about your visits to their website and your use of their websites, and any other information related to other online services.
Other information collected by your browser or automatically through cookies includes your MAC address, computer type, screen resolution, operating system, device manufacturer and model, device identifier, language, internet browser version and type, IP address, and time of your visit and pages visited. When you use their app, they collect other information as well, such as tracking your data usage, time and date your device accesses their servers, information and files that have been downloaded to or presented via the app, location information, and GPS.
Personal data usage
Citibank uses data to:
- Authenticate you so you can access and conduct transactions on their website.
- Recognize you, your device, or your browser when you access their website.
- Store your preferences and provide you with a customized experience.
- Process your applications and transactions.
- Respond to questions, fulfill requests, and request feedback.
- Show you targeted advertisements.
- Market to you via advertisements or other communications.
- Track responses to their emails and advertisements.
- Measure their success for their marketing campaigns.
- Provide you with account information, branch locations, and events.
- Facilitate social sharing functionality.
- Conduct data analysis, audits, and information security.
- Prevent fraud and other illegal activities.
- Develop new products and services.
- Identify usage trends and expand their business activities.
- Review statistical data on your use of their website so they can improve their design and functionality.
- Ensure the website functions correctly and fix any issues that arise.
- Understand how their website is used.
Cookies and similar tech
Their website is not intended for the use of children under 13 years old. Contact them if you believe a child has had their personal information collected.
Data shared with Citibank
How to protect your privacy
You can protect your privacy on Citibank’s website in various ways, for example:
- Opt out of interest based advertising by going to Network Advertising Initiative or Digital Advertising Alliance.
- Disable cookies.
- Delete your account.
- Do not access your account from your mobile phone.
How to contact Citibank about your privacy
You can contact Citibank via their website.