Bank of America suggests that you keep your information on your account current in order to prevent fraud. They are a banking, loan and credit card website that helps you get your finances in order.
Personal data collected
Bank of America collects various personal data when you open an account. They collect your name, email address, postal address, telephone, fax and mobile numbers, and account numbers. They also collect information from the device you are using to access their website, such as browser information, MAC address, screen resolution, device type, operating system, and IP address. Some information collected per your consent could be your GPS information and your contacts list.
Personal data usage
Bank of America uses data to:
- Answer your questions and fill your requests.
- Send you information about their services and products that are available to you.
- Send you marketing information.
- Personalize your experience when using their website.
- Allow you to apply for services and products, such as mortgages, credit cards, investment accounts, retirement accounts and more.
- See if you are eligible for their products and service you have applied to.
- Verify your location or identity.
- Let you buy their products and services.
- Allow you to access your accounts.
- Prevent fraud.
- Let you fill out surveys.
- Allow you to join promotions, sweepstakes, and contests.
- Allow you to access their financial tools.
- Collect your information through My Portfolio and My Financial Picture in order to provide you with all of your financial information in one place.
- Collect information through your social media to allow you to verify your account and login.
- Do data analysis.
- Improve their products and services.
- See the effectiveness of their promotions.
- Allow you to use certain features through your mobile phone.
- Show you ads relevant to your interests.
Cookies and similar tech
Bank of America account
Data shared with Bank of America
How to protect your privacy
Bank of America suggests a few ways to protect your privacy, such as.
- You can reject cookies in your browser.
- You can set your privacy choices.
- Not sign up for an account.
- Schedule an appointment to speak with someone to delete your account.
How to contact Bank of America about your privacy
Call +1 888-341-5000 with any questions or schedule an appointment to ask them questions.