Alipay is a website that allows you to send money, pay for services, receive money, and more.
Personal data collected
When you sign up for an Alipay account, they collect various personal details from you, such as your name, email address, mobile number, postal address, registration information, credit or debit card information, banking information, information on any transactions you do, what device you use to interact with their website, and what you do on their websites. They also collect your information when you browse their website, login or sign up, and if you use the merchant websites to sell or provide products and services. When you buy from a merchant website, they collect that information too.
Personal data usage
Alipay uses data to:
- Verify your identity when you sign up or reset your password.
- Check your eligibility to use their website.
- Process, maintain, and manage your registration.
- Allow you to buy or sell through their merchants.
- Prevent fraud.
- Checking for credit worthiness.
- Provide you with shipping and related services after buying or selling.
- Stop any illegal activities.
- Protect your account.
- Respond to any questions or feedback you may send them.
- Settle claims and disputes.
- Make disclosures required by law or any relevant third-parties.
- Improve their services.
- Optimize their website.
- Personalize your experience with them.
- Manage their business.
Cookies and similar tech
Any children under 13 are not allowed to sign up or use Alipay. If you are over 13 but under 16, Alipay needs parental consent before allowing you to sign up or use their services.
Data shared with Alipay
How to protect your privacy
You can protect your privacy on Alipay by disabling cookies on your web browser and you can also:
- Not share your financial information.
- Not use their services to buy or sell anything.
- Not sign up for an account.
- Cancel your account by signing in, going to Account, then Edit Member Profile, and click on deactivate account.
How to contact Alipay about your privacy
You can contact Alipay via email or postal mail:
Privacy Matters, 1 Raffles Place #59-00 One Raffles Place Tower One, Singapore 048616