Personal data collected
Target collects various personal information from you when you use their services, such as name, mobile number, postal address, email address, date of birth, credit or debit card number, driver’s license number, purchase, return or exchange information, registry list information, mobile device model, operating system, device date and time, mobile network information, unique device identifiers, GPS, in-store location, how you use their website and mobile app, pages you visit on their mobile app, search terms, application performance, and social media ID, profile picture, gender, age range, and friends’ IDs. If you decide not to share this information, some products and services may not work for you. There is some information that Target automatically collects from you, such as how you are shopping on their website, in their store, and on their mobile app.
Personal data usage
Target uses data to:
- Measure the performance of their marketing and how you respond to them.
- Prevent fraud or other harmful activities.
- Process payments, transactions, orders, and returns or exchanges.
- Respond to any requests you make.
- Contact you about any guest services that you use.
- Provide services such as a shopping list or Gift Registry.
- Manage any subscription services you sign up for.
- Allow you to be rewarded for their loyalty programs through points.
- Allow you to redeem points.
- Let you participate in contests and sweepstakes.
- Allow them to market to you.
- Allow you to make product reviews.
- Share any surveys or promotions they have.
- Improve their products or services.
- Conduct research and analysis of their products and services.
- Respond to any legal inquiry.
Cookies and similar tech
With a Target account, you can shop for various items on their website, for example clothing, toiletries, toys, electronics, and more. This will save your information for when you want to shop again. You can use a guest account to shop, but it is limited in what you can do.
Data shared with Target
How to protect your privacy
You can protect your privacy on Target’s website by:
- Opting out of third-party advertising on each device you use to access their website.
- Disabling cookies.
- Opting out of interest based advertising on each device.
- Not signing up for a Target account.
- Using a guest account.
- Not using Target’s website.
- Not signing up for a Target credit card.
- Calling Guest Relations at 1-800-440-0680 to opt out of promotional postal mail, phone calls, and emails.
- Opting out of text messages by texting STOP to a text they sent you.
- Uninstalling their mobile app.
- Deleting subscriptions, account information, and more.
- Calling Target at 1-800-591-3869 to close your account.
How to contact Target about your privacy
You can contact Target via phone at 1-800-440-0680 or postal mail at:
Target Executive Offices
PO Box 9350
Minneapolis, MN 55440