McAfee is a website that offers virus protection through their software products and services.
Personal data collected
McAfee collects various personal information, such as name, email address, postal address, mobile number, credit card information, bank information, billing address, and account login credentials (for example, social networking information). They may also collect information on what products you purchased, demographic information, your interests, photographs, videos, and any other information you decide to share with them. Information that is automatically collected consists of products you looked at, services used, IP address, cookie identifiers, mobile network, Bluetooth device IDs, mobile device ID, mobile device advertising identifiers, MAC address, IMEI, advertiser IDs, any other device identifiers, browser, language information, battery level, GPS, on/off status, operating system, hardware information, Internet Service Provider, websites you visit before and after you visit their website, amount of time spent on their website, date and time of your visit, links clicked, pages viewed, preferences, information on your device, app, or network usage, websites you visit, apps installed on your device, traffic information, crash logs, performance information, and other statistical information.
Personal data usage
McAfee uses data to:
- Identify threats.
- Send you information on various threats.
- Participate in research about new threats.
- Encrypt, backup, or recover your data.
- Lockdown your device.
- Check for updates.
- Create performance reports.
- Track any misuse of your identity.
- Improve their website, products, and services.
- Analyze how you use their website.
- Advertise products that may be of interest to you.
- Collect and process transactions.
- Complete transactions.
- Provide customer support.
- Troubleshoot any issues you may be having.
- Respond to questions, comments, and requests.
- Send you information about promotions.
- Prevent illegal activities.
- Protect you from fraud.
- Advertise to you.
Cookies and similar tech
When you sign up for McAfee’s virus protection suite, you get many benefits to protect your computer such as antivirus protection, PC optimization tools, safe web browsing, and safe family which protects your kids. You also get customer support and the ability to use their software on multiple devices, including PC, Mac, Smartphones, and tablets. They do not collect personal information from children under 13 years old (and in some places 16 years old). Some products McAfee offers are free with advertisements and you can opt out of certain advertisements through their website.
Data shared with McAfee
How to protect your privacy
There are some ways to protect your privacy while use McAfee’s website or products and services, such as:
- Using their free products and not upgrading.
- Not using free products so you do not have to see advertisements.
- Do not sign up to use their website or products and services.
- Cancel your subscription or account by phone at 1-866-622-3911 or by their support page.
How to contact McAfee about your privacy
You can call or send postal mail to McAfee if you have any questions about your privacy.
In the US call them at +1 (888) 847-8766 or send them mail at:
Attn: Legal Department – Privacy Office
5000 Headquarters Drive
Plano, TX 75024
In the EEA call them at +353 21 467 2000 or send them mail at:
McAfee, Legal Department
2000 City Gate
In Japan via email or send them mail at:
McAfee Co. Ltd.
Shibuya Mark City West,