Discover is a company that allows you to apply and manage credit cards, personal, student, and home equity loans, and online banking.
Personal data collected
Discover collects personal information from you when you use their online services, such as name, email address, account number, user ID, bank account information, images of checks you want deposited, information about your interactions with a customer service agent, and other personally identifiable information. When you submit requests to enroll in offers and alerts, complete a survey, or click a link, Discover collects the information provided. They also collect information when you use social media (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube) to interact with Discover.
Information that Discover collects automatically includes browser and device information, IP address, device ID, advertising ID, operating system, referring website, what you view in their online services, what website you visit when you leave their website, GPS, cellular network location, WiFi networks, browser services, and any other provided information.
Personal data usage
Discover uses data to:
- Respond to your requests or questions.
- Process your application.
- Complete a transaction.
- Allow you to redeem rewards or send you an alert you signed up for.
- Improve their products and services.
- Better customize your experience with them.
- Resolve customer concerns.
- Manage your account.
- Protect you from fraud and any illegal activities.
- Manage risk.
- Identify potential fraudulent transactions.
- Send you information about new products or special offers.
- Tell you about new features or updates you might like.
- Send you push notification via mobile.
- Show you targeted advertisements.
- Contact you about your account or for feedback.
- Communicate with you about your account and the services they provide to you.
- Comply with legal requirements.
Cookies and similar tech
Discover does not collect personal information from children under 13 years old without parental consent. If a child has given their information to Discover, their parents can contact them via email or postal mail at:
Discover Financial Services
Attn: ECP Privacy Operations
P.O. Box 795
Deerfield, IL 60015
Make sure you include “COPPA Information Request” in your inquiries.
Data shared with Discover
How to protect your privacy
You can protect your privacy on Discover’s website and app by:
- Opting out of interest based advertising.
- Opting out of having your online behavior recorded.
- ‘Limiting ad tracking’ on iOS or ‘Opting out of interest-based ads’ on Android.
- Controlling your preferences on your mobile device.
- Closing your account by calling Discover at 1-800-347-2683.
How to contact Discover about your privacy
You can contact Discover via phone at 1-800-347-2683, email, or postal mail at:
Discover Financial Services
Attn: Customer Service –
P.O Box 30943
Salt Lake City, UT 84130-0943