Dailymotion is a website where you can upload and view videos. You can also make playlists and view playlists. They collect various personal data when you sign up for an account to make sure their website is secure.
Personal data collected
Dailymotion collects your name, email address, birth date, and gender. If you use their services that require payment, they collect your address, bank account information, billing, shipping, and contact information. When you take surveys on their website, Dailymotion collects that data as well. If you decide to set up multiple profiles under the same account, they will collect the information from each profile. They also review how you view their website, your location, and what ads you click on. Dailymotion collects your device information, such as IP address, device ID number, operating system, language, browser and software information. They also log your activity, such as what videos you watch, page views, network and carrier information, and how long you do these activities. If you use Facebook or other social media to sign into Dailymotion, they collect your username, user ID, and any other information from those websites that is public.
Personal data usage
Dailymotion uses data to:
- Improve their services.
- Communicate with you.
- Show targeted ads.
- Pay you if you are a partner of theirs.
- Provide you with content relevant to your location.
- Research and analyze how you use their website and services.
- Protect you from fraud.
Cookies and similar tech
With a Dailymotion account you can upload and view videos that have been posted. You can do some of this without an account, which involves less tracking of your information, but they will still collect data on you. Even if you delete your account, Dailymotion may still retain information about you.
Data shared with Dailymotion
How to protect your privacy
Dailymotion allows you to delete some of your data by going to their help center and selecting the “Your Personal Data” section. You can also:
- Go into your account settings and select “Manage Email Notifications” to reduce the amount of emails you are getting.
- Turn off push settings on your mobile device.
- Not use Dailymotion on your mobile device.
- Not allow cookies on your browser.
- Not sign up for an account.
- Not access their website.
- Delete your account by scrolling down to the bottom of your profile page.
How to contact Dailymotion about your privacy
You can contact Dailymotion on their website or through postal mail:
Outside the EEA:
50 West 23rd Street
New York, NY
Inside the EEA:
140 Boulevard Malesherbes