CNN is part of the Turner Broadcasting System Inc. CNN shares your information with its affiliates, for example AT&T, Warner Media, and other unaffiliated third-parties.
Personal data collected
When you register with CNN, they collect your personal data. Also when you vote in polls, enter contests, order products, subscribe to their emails or texts, or use their forums, you share information with them. The information collected can include your name, email address, phone number, fax number and credit card information. If you decide to order a gift for someone, they collect their information as well. They automatically collect your IP address, browser information, operating system, internet service provider, device identifiers, mobile network, websites you visit within CNN, websites you have visited before and after visiting CNN, location information, content and ads you have viewed and clicked on, and GPS.
Personal data usage
CNN uses data to:
- Provide you with their services.
- Email you about your account or their services.
- Send you letters and notifications.
- Tell you if you have won a contest.
- Answer any questions you may have.
- Provide you with any technical support you may need.
- Prevent fraud and protect your safety.
- Send you targeted ads.
- Send you offers.
- Personalize their content towards your interests.
- Analyze how you use their services.
- Send cards, gifts, invitations or emails to those you’ve provided email addresses for.
- Personalize your experience with their website and app.
- Contact you through any social media you have provided them.
- Send you exclusive content.
- Send you news, rewards, and special offers.
- Share your information with third-parties.
Cookies and similar tech
With a CNN account you can sign up for CNN All Access and download the app. It requires a subscription fee, but you can watch exclusive TV shows on their app along with previous episodes of their other TV shows.
Data shared with CNN
How to protect your privacy
There are different ways you can protect your privacy with CNN.
- Opt out of marketing emails.
- Opt out of interest-based advertising.
- Turn off cookies in your browser.
- Do not sign up for a CNN account.
- Do not download the app.
- Do not sign into the app.
How to contact CNN about your privacy
You can email CNN’s privacy department or send them postal mail:
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc.
One CNN Center, 13 North
Atlanta, GA 30303