Chase is a banking company that allows you to open bank accounts, credit cards, mortgages, auto loans, and more.
Personal data collected
Chase collects your personal information when you visit their website or sign up for an account with them. Some of the information they collect is name, email address, postal address, mobile number, username, password, account numbers, and location (zip code to find the nearest ATMs). Other information they may collect is payment information, social security number, and driver’s license. Technical information they collect is your IP address, type of browser and operating system, the website you came from, what services you use through Chase, and the website you go to next. If you decide to use their Chase mobile app, they collect your device’s screen size, device identifiers and settings, GPS, and information on how you use your mobile device.
Personal data usage
Chase uses data to:
- Find the nearest ATM for you.
- Open an account for you.
- Process applications and transactions.
- Verify your identity when you use your account.
- Prevent fraud and provide security to your account.
- Respond to any questions you may have.
- Help you manage your preferences.
- Track your response to emails and the pages and advertisements you see.
- Provide you advertisements that are tailored to your interests.
- Improve their products and services.
- Use for legal purposes.
Cookies and similar tech
With a Chase account, you can open up a bank account, apply for a credit card, apply for a mortgage, and apply for an auto loan. If you get approved for any of these, your account can be accessed online and easily set up in minutes.
Data shared with Chase
How to protect your privacy
Chase has many ways to protect your privacy while you use their website, but you can also:
- Opt out of tailored advertising.
- Change your privacy settings.
- Join their Do Not Call list at 1-800-945-9470.
- Close your account with Chase by going to a branch in person, or by sending them a form through postal mail. Sign and print the form, then mail it to National Bank By Mail, P.O. Box 36520, Louisville, KY 40233-6520. You can also call them at 1-800-935-9935 or by logging into your account, sending them a secure message, and asking them to close your account.
- Disable cookies in your browser.
How to contact Chase about your privacy
You can email Chase to ask them about your privacy on their website.