CareerBuilder is a website that allows you to find and apply to jobs, build up your resume, and more.
Personal data collected
CareerBuilder collects personal information from you when you upload your resume, apply for a job, information that is collected from third-parties, any publicly shared information, username and password, payment information, billing address, name, zip or postal code, occupation, education, experience, age, gender, race, ethnicity, job search behavior and preferences, and any other information that you provide them.
They may also collect information from you when you visit their website, call or email them, communicate with them via social media, and during events, contests, or promotions. If you decide to use social media and link it to CareerBuilder, they will collect your user ID, work email address, name, city, state, profile picture, employment history, job titles, and company names.
Information that CareerBuilder collects automatically includes IP address, device information, browser information, operating system, referring pages and URLs, pages and URLs that you leave their website to go to, date and times of website visits, pages views, job view and application activity, country, location data, and search terms used to find their website.
Personal data usage
CareerBuilder uses data to:
- Allow you to register, manage, and maintain your account.
- Provide products and services requested.
- Maintain your resume and profile and allow recruiters to see them.
- Share public information about you by using your profile.
- Process payments from you.
- Contacting you about your orders, including via phone.
- Validate and deliver your purchases.
- Maintain a record of jobs you apply to or view.
- Inform you of relevant jobs that you may be interested in.
- Communicate with you.
- Provide customer support.
- Respond to questions and comments.
- Send you emails related to your interests, such as services, educational opportunities, and career development.
- Allow you to communicate with them via their blog, social media, and other interactive media.
- Ask for feedback and input.
- Improve their products and services.
- Analyze and research the usage of their products and services.
- Optimize their search engine results.
- Prevent fraud and other illegal activities.
Cookies and similar tech
CareerBuilder collects information from you via cookies, web beacons, pixel tags, clear GIFs, and other similar technologies. This allows them to track how you use their services and website, and also to show you relevant job postings in your area. They do allow third-party cookies on their website. If you disable cookies, their website may not function as intended. CareerBuilder does not respond to Do Not Track signals.
When you sign up for a CareerBuilder account, you can set up your profile and resume to attract recruiters, apply for jobs, be notified of jobs that may interest you, and more. They do not allow their website to be used by children under the age of 13. If they find a child has signed up they will delete their information promptly from their systems.
Data shared with CareerBuilder
How to protect your privacy
- Delete your Recruitment Edge Profile by emailing them with the email address on your account.
- Opt out of targeted advertisements.
- Delete or disable cookies.
- Be cautious when you deal with job recruiters, read more information about spotting fraud online.
- Delete your account by sending them an email from the email address you signed up with.
How to contact CareerBuilder about your privacy
If you have further questions you can email them or contact them via postal mail at:
Attention: Customer Service
5550-A Peachtree Parkway
Norcross, Georgia 30092