Badoo is a social network for adults to meet and get to know one another. You can only join if you are 18 or older. They do collect some information when you sign up for their website.
Personal data collected
When you sign up for Badoo, you need to provide them with some personal data such as your name, email address, date of birth, location, and gender. There is other information that is optional to share when you create your profile, for example ethnicity, sexual orientation, religious information, and health details. You can change and edit your profile at any time after signing up, however to change your gender or email address you have to contact support. If you decide to upload and share pictures, some of this sensitive information may be shared. Because of this you are consenting to them using your personal data. A third-party is used for account verification by phone number, and they keep this information for 90 days. If you decide to upgrade your account, you must share your payment information with Badoo. If you do not upgrade, you will see targeted advertisements dependent on your location and demographics. They also collect device identifiers if you use their app or a computer and information from you if you login with Facebook. When using social media to login, Badoo collects your profile picture, name, list of friends, photos, and pages you like. Badoo also collects your IP address, device ID, referring website, browser type, log and usage information, pages accessed, search terms, and mobile carrier.
Personal data usage
Badoo uses data to:
- Combat fraud.
- Show you relevant advertisements.
- Send you promotions and offers.
- Track your location.
- Provide you their services.
- Improve their app and website.
- Respond to messages you have sent them.
- Show ads on your mobile phone.
- To show you nearby users.
- Send you marketing information.
- Receive your payment information.
- Send a message to friends you recommend Badoo to.
Cookies and similar tech
If you are under 18 and you sign up for a Badoo account, they will terminate your account and profile, then log your IP address and email so you cannot sign up again.
Data shared with Badoo
How to protect your privacy
Badoo encourages you to protect sensitive information when you use their services. For example:
- You can opt out of targeted advertising and instead you will see random ads not relevant to your interests.
- Not share information on your profile.
- Not sign up for their premium account.
- Not sign up for a free account.
- Cancel your premium account.
- Delete your account by sending them an email.
- Do not allow your browser to accept cookies.
How to contact Badoo about your privacy
You can contact them via email or through postal mail:
The Broadgate Tower
20 Primrose Street